Much of this week’s best new music mirrors that familiar Yay Area summertime progression from grayness to bliss.
Every day in the U.S. alone, more than 221,000 hotel rooms are cancelled and paid for, resulting in a market which sees $8.6 million wasted annually on non-refundable hotel room cancellations. Not a huge market, but one with opportunity for a small, nimble startup. Roomer is an online travel marketplace for [...]
What are the best options to get clean drinking water in your home?
Read more at: http://www.infobarrel.com/Bottled_Water_or_Water_Filtration_System_for_Your_Home
During Thursday night’s five-hour ceremony, Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Nicks, Sheryl Crow, and Carrie Underwood performed a tribute to Linda Ronstadt, this year’s only female inductee. read more
Huawei will continue to stabilize its senior leadership and isn’t discouraged by reported NSA spying activities.
Pretending to have my shit together is exhausting.
NBC / Via theofficequotes.com
1. Why schedule my appointment for this time if you’re not ready?
2. Should I look at my phone again?
3. Maybe I should pretend to be deep in thought.
4. What are they even doing back there?
5. This place looks like an OK place to work.
6. Wait, are there any snacks?
7. I hope my breath smells OK.
8. Should I go for the handshake?
9. I hope my palms aren’t sweaty.
10. Why are my armpits sweating?
11. Oh shit, I hear footsteps.
12. I hope that handshake wasn’t too weak.
13. I wonder if my palms were noticeably sweaty.
14. Should I wait for an invite to sit down?
15. IS MY PHONE ON SILENT?
16. Don’t look around. Don’t look around. Hold eye contact.
17. Should I try to make a joke?
18. Well, at least I think I’m funny…
19. Wait, you want me to tell you what’s on my résumé?
20. Isn’t it, like, in your hand?
21. What was the point of me spending three hours on that?
22. Oh, perfect, ask me about the ONE job that is hard to explain.
23. Did I really just say what I think I said?
24. Why did you just look at my teeth? DO I HAVE SOMETHING IN MY TEETH?!
25. Did they google these questions beforehand?
26. So, is that all?
27. Am I supposed to conduct the rest of this interview?
28. Should I ask about money? Oh god. It’s going to come out.
29. So, does that mean I can afford groceries or not?
30. This is so awkward.
31. DON’T RAISE YOUR ARMS. YOUR ARMPITS ARE TOTALLY SWEATING.
32. Wait, did you just say you’re interviewing several people?
33. I feel like you should just hire me…
34. Pretending to have my shit together is exhausting.
35. Omg I think it’s over.
36. Oh, you’ll “let me know if you decide to move forward.” Sounds promising.
37. Did I just say “you too” in response to thanks for coming in?
38. Why do I even talk?
39. Thank goodness that’s over.
40. Sweatpants, here I come.
The Leef Bridge 3.0 is a dual-USB flash drive that lets you quickly transfer files from your Android phone or tablet to you PC.
Chinese language Billionaire Guo Guangchang To Be Feted As “International Shark Guardian” In New York
Billionaire Guo Guangchang, chairman of Chinese investment firm Fosun International, and three other individuals will be feted in New York this Thursday, April 17, for their efforts to stop the killing of sharks for their fins, which are a delicacy served in soup in Asia. Guo, along with Ding Liguo, the [...]
The supermodel reprises her role as the face of CK’s new fragrance — and this time, with a special appearance from her husband, Ed Burns.read more
The artist and filmmaker — who has worked with the likes of Cate Blanchett, Gore Vidal, Natalie Portman and Eva Mendes — will be spotlighted at L.A.’s MOCA for the new exhibit, “Cinema Vezzoli.”read more